Ketogenic diets are powerful tool for obesity and boost weight loss. When rich carb food is eaten which produce glucose as source of energy and fats are not needed hence are stored.
Instead of starvation, by switching into low carb high fat food results in breakdown of stored fats for consumption of energy as low carbs are not producing enough glucose. The goal is to get more calories from protein and fat than from carbs.
Keto diet along with reduction of excessive fat also provides many health benefits like enhanced energy and more clear vision and mental clarity. Significantly the keto diet is fully nutritious with proteins juicy vegetables and healthy fats. Just suspend the use of sugar, starchy carbohydrates and gluten.
One drawback of keto diet is its adaptation process. Body needs sometime to switch on fats instead of carbs and this phase is uncomfortable and may lead to some problems like flu feeling but this is for time being. If you are determined you can rapidly quit this phase.
7 Day Keto Meal Plan
Here is sample of Ketogenic Diet Meal Plan
- Breakfast: – 3 Egg Omelet with Spinach, Cheese, and Sausage
- Lunch: bacon lettuce tomato salad
- Dinner: baked salmon with asparagus
- Breakfast: Eggs, tomatoes, goat cheese and basil
- Lunch: Mixed peanut butter, almond milk, cocoa butter and milkshake with stevia
- Dinner: Meatballs combined with veggies and cheddar cheese
- Breakfast: keto milkshake
- Lunch: cottage cheese, walnuts and hot sauce
- Dinner: meat loaf
- Breakfast: Avocado, peppers, onions, spices and salsa omelet
- Lunch: A handful of nut and celery with guacamole and salsa
- Dinner: Stuffed chicken with cheese and veggies
- Breakfast: bacon and eggs
- Lunch: spinach salad
- Dinner: cheese stuffed bunless burgers
- Breakfast: Ham and veggie omelet
- Lunch: Ham, cheese, and handful of nuts
- Dinner: Cooked white fish, eggs, and spinach on coconut oil
- Breakfast: Eggs with mushrooms and bacon
- Lunch: Salsa cheese and guacamole hamburger
- Dinner: Beef steak, eggs, and salad
Suggested foods on a Ketogenic Diet
- Meat: Beef, goat, lamb, turkey, veal, chicken.
- Fish: Salmon, trout, catfish, sardines, tuna, haddock and many others.
- Fruits: Strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, avocado.
- Vegetables: Broccoli, asparagus, Brussels sprouts, cucumbers and many others.
- Nuts and Seeds: Almonds, walnuts, sunflower, pumpkin, sesame, etc.
- Dairy Products: Cheese, Greek yogurt, sour cream, heavy cream.
- Fats and Oils: Peanut Butte, flax-seed oil, butter, sesame oil, olive oil and almond oil
Foods to Avoid in Ketogenic Diet
- Grains: Wheat, oats, corn, barley and rye. Includes breads and pastas.
- Artificial Sweeteners: Sucralose, Equal, Acesulfame, Splenda, Saccharin, etc.
- Processed Foods: If it contains carrageenan, don’t eat it.
- “Low-fat” products: Atkins products, drinks, gluten, diet soda, etc.